“ … Here is another one. A change in what Human nature will allow for government. "Careful, Kryon, don't talk about politics. You'll get in trouble." I won't get in trouble. I'm going to tell you to watch for leadership that cares about you. "You mean politics is going to change?" It already has. It's beginning. Watch for it. You're going to see a total phase-out of old energy dictatorships eventually. The potential is that you're going to see that before 2013.

They're going to fall over, you know, because the energy of the population will not sustain an old energy leader ..."
"Update on Current Events" – Jul 23, 2011 (Kryon channelled by Lee Carroll) - (Subjects: The Humanization of God, Gaia, Shift of Human Consciousness, 2012, Benevolent Design, Financial Institutes (Recession, System to Change ...), Water Cycle (Heat up, Mini Ice Ace, Oceans, Fish, Earthquakes ..), Nuclear Power Revealed, Geothermal Power, Hydro Power, Drinking Water from Seawater, No need for Oil as Much, Middle East in Peace, Persia/Iran Uprising, Muhammad, Israel, DNA, Two Dictators to fall soon, Africa, China, (Old) Souls, Species to go, Whales to Humans, Global Unity,..... etc.)
(Subjects: Who/What is Kryon ?, Egypt Uprising, Iran/Persia Uprising, Peace in Middle East without Israel actively involved, Muhammad, "Conceptual" Youth Revolution, "Conceptual" Managed Business, Internet, Social Media, News Media, Google, Bankers, Global Unity,..... etc.)

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Qatar investment agency to set up $1b joint venture

The Jakarta Post, Jakarta

The Indonesian government and Qatar's Investment Authority (QAI) have agreed to establish a joint venture to finance a number of infrastructure projects in Indonesia.

QAI will own 85 percent stake of the joint venture, which will have initial capital of about US$1 billion. The Indonesian government, through the Finance Ministry, will own the remaining 15 percent.

"The joint venture will participate in a number of infrastructure, property and electricity projects," Vice President Jusuf Kalla said told reporters after the signing of the agreement on the establishment of the joint venture in Jakarta on Thursday.

The Gulf state's $50 billion sovereign wealth fund is trying to boost its assets in Asia to counter a weak dollar and capture higher returns.

Qatar, a member of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, owns the world's biggest gas field, and channels surpluses from energy sales to the QIA.

"Our partnership with the Government of Indonesia allows us together to invest for the long term in Indonesia's attractive economy," QIA executive board member Hussain Al Abdulla said in a statement. "This joint venture represents a natural extension of our strategy to increasingly focus investments in Asia."

Meanwhile, the government's special envoy to the Middle East, Alwi Shihab, said that Emaar, an investment company based in the United Arab Emirates, was tentatively scheduled to sign a similar agreement with the government's asset management company, PT Perusahaan Pengelola Aset (PPA).

However, the agreement, which would allow them to develop a US$600 million tourist resort in Lombok, could not be signed immediately as the asset management company was soon to be wound up, he said.

"We hope we can sign the agreement within the next few weeks after the establishment of a new agency to replace PPA ," Shihab was quoted as saying by Bisnis Indonesia.

No comments: