“ … Here is another one. A change in what Human nature will allow for government. "Careful, Kryon, don't talk about politics. You'll get in trouble." I won't get in trouble. I'm going to tell you to watch for leadership that cares about you. "You mean politics is going to change?" It already has. It's beginning. Watch for it. You're going to see a total phase-out of old energy dictatorships eventually. The potential is that you're going to see that before 2013.

They're going to fall over, you know, because the energy of the population will not sustain an old energy leader ..."
"Update on Current Events" – Jul 23, 2011 (Kryon channelled by Lee Carroll) - (Subjects: The Humanization of God, Gaia, Shift of Human Consciousness, 2012, Benevolent Design, Financial Institutes (Recession, System to Change ...), Water Cycle (Heat up, Mini Ice Ace, Oceans, Fish, Earthquakes ..), Nuclear Power Revealed, Geothermal Power, Hydro Power, Drinking Water from Seawater, No need for Oil as Much, Middle East in Peace, Persia/Iran Uprising, Muhammad, Israel, DNA, Two Dictators to fall soon, Africa, China, (Old) Souls, Species to go, Whales to Humans, Global Unity,..... etc.)
(Subjects: Who/What is Kryon ?, Egypt Uprising, Iran/Persia Uprising, Peace in Middle East without Israel actively involved, Muhammad, "Conceptual" Youth Revolution, "Conceptual" Managed Business, Internet, Social Media, News Media, Google, Bankers, Global Unity,..... etc.)

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

City to build water pipeline from Jatiluhur dam

Indah Setiawati, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Wed, 11/04/2009 9:06 PM

The Jakarta Administration plans to build a pipeline connecting the Jatiluhur dam in Purwakarta, West Java, to one of the city’s water treatment facilities in Buaran, East Jakarta next year.

“We plan to process the raw water in Jatiluhur reservoir and channel the processed water through a pipe directly to [water operators in] Jakarta, Bekasi and Karawang. The water operators will then distribute the water to customers,” Governor Fauzi Bowo said Wednesday.

He said he would discuss the project with the Public Works Ministry this week to work out the financial costs, which were expected to be shouldered by the city, central government and private parties.

“The total investment is estimated to be about Rp 3 trillion. We hope the feasibility study will be completed by the middle of 2010 and the project can start by 2011,” he said.

The decision to build the pipeline was taken in part because of problems including increased pollution of raw water supplied to the city, expected higher demand for tap water, and increased competition for water for irrigation.

Fauzi said the raw water supply from Jatiluhur, had been contaminated by domestic and industrial pollution from the Tarum Barat canal, which brought the water to the city.

He said the recent increase in ground water tax would push some customers to switch to tap water, which would force the city to increase tap water supply.

This June he issued a gubernatorial decree on the new tax rate for groundwater, which ranged from six to 16 times the current tax rate, depending on the tax payers’ category, which included non-business entities as well as small and large businesses.

The policy aims to prevent further land subsidence in the city due to excessive groundwater extraction. According to data from the Jakarta Water Regulatory Body (BR PAM), the city could only fulfill 60 percent of the residents’ clean water needs. The remaining 40 percent is fulfilled by groundwater supply.

No comments: